Three Easy Sustainable Business Practices
Eco-friendly and sustainable businesses practices are not buzzwords. Business owners must be aware of their carbon footprint and their impact on the environment. It can feel overwhelming to revamp your business practices, but this handy guide will get you started on the right path!
Did you know that 62% of executives consider a sustainability strategy necessary to be competitive today, and another 22% think it will be in the future? (IMD). Now is the time to learn how to implement sustainability practices in ways that will be beneficial for YOUR business. Practicing sustainability can look like reducing waste, adopting clean energy, reducing resource consumption, or by planting trees. Today, we’ll look at three ways to increase sustainability without breaking the bank.
Clothing and tees are the most popular promotional products. Over 50% of folks own a tee-shirt that they received from a giveaway or local business. Apparel is one of the most impactful ways you can go green!
- Consider using natural, vegetable based inks and stencils for your designs.
- Think about materials and use sustainable fabrics.
- Use brands that promote sustainability (Patagonia and North Face are great options).
More folks are looking for reusable items that can lessen their carbon footprint. Some of the most popular are easy to customize and order in bulk.
- Lunch boxes and reusable mugs.
- Fabric shopping bags and coolers.
- Compostable bookmarks and notebooks.
- QR Codes – let these technology tidbits guide your customers to green living tips.
- USA made – make sure your materials are sourced locally and within the US!
- Use non-toxic cleaning products.
- Use recycled office supplies and materials like paper and pens!
Sustainable living does not have to be challenging! Pick a few of these ideas and smile knowing you’re helping the environment!